Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The next big thing?

Lately I've been hearing a lot about the new Mac laptop just unveiled by Apple. The MacBook Air is supposedly the world's lightest computer, and tech geeks around the country have eagerly been awaiting its arrival.

This new laptop could potentially be the next big thing for reporters. It's so slim and light, you could carry it just about anywhere. However, Slate.com's Paul Boutin disagrees. He says he would rather use his phone for e-mail because it's just easier than having to deal with Wi-Fi.

As someone who doesn't currently own a laptop, I can't say I know much about wireless internet access. I have a wire running through my entire apartment to an ancient router. But the notion that a laptop that's meant to be extremely portable is also lacking in this specific area is amusing. What's the point? Should we all just get iPhones? I think I'll stick to my Nokia and notepad.

No comments: